Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

I never said the system wouldn't work, I said that I felt it brought about more problems than it fixed. I just don't think it is an ideal answer to the problem at hand and would prefer to take a different approach. I've made my points over the course of four or five posts now and while you've definitely countered some, I'm not convinced that all of them are necessarily answered in an elegant way that resolves all my concerns. Your suggestion isn't "wrong" or inherently bad. I just don't believe it's better than the option I put forward. I've already stated that I'm agreeing to disagree with you on the matter. I'm not going to argue the subject any further.

As for the SST, I did some searching and I couldn't find any versions of it on the site other than the one you made for your own character. Was that version one of your own personal creation? Or is there a precedent you copied? If it was of your own creation then perfect, because that gives you the freedom to make some slight alterations. If not, that complicates things but I'm sure we could still get it changed by staff to better fit the exception criteria(Assuming of course, that my suggestion is generally liked and ultimately applied to the site.) It wouldn't take much editing for it to be eligible and I doubt the original creator would complain about the jutsu becoming more versatile as other jutsu could be used in conjunction with it.

Keep the basic shape manipulation for typical weapon shapes and then make the elemental and advanced shape manipulation aspects as separate jutsu. Bam. The SST now only functions as a supplementary jutsu increasing the range, potency, and versatility of your sword. Additional things like turning it into a cage or wrapping it in steam become separate jutsu you activate on top of it. It might not be your ideal version of the SST. However, it would give it the exemption status and allow you the use of other jutsu while it's active. That is better than stubbornly clinging to a functionality you don't really NEED to be part of the original jutsu. The only thing you really lose by shifting these functions into their own separate jutsu is chakra efficiency and a bit of exp to buy them.

As a final note, I want to slap Josi for approving the SST A-rank version the way it is. It basically lets you shape anything you want, wrap it in elements, and manipulate it freely. This allows you to do a billion different things that should all be their own unique jutsu under a single blanket jutsu. That's some BS and never should have been approved that way in the first place. On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule - Page 2 287405
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015, 5:15 pm

Mugen wrote:
As a final note, I want to slap Josi for approving the SST A-rank version the way it is. It basically lets you shape anything you want, wrap it in elements, and manipulate it freely. This allows you to do a billion different things that should all be their own unique jutsu under a single blanket jutsu. That's some BS and never should have been approved that way in the first place.

You deserve a free hat.
Back to top Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

PostSubject: Re: On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2015, 1:28 am

@hiruzen and once again, you give me not one single post and more ifs. No proof. What, you couldn't use those "years" of experience and knowledge of the activities of the site to link me to 1 post anywhere that would be Affected?

Quote :
There is simply no need for a system such as this at all, and it goes to show that it is not needed because no one is agreeing with you on the need for such a system.

And that is because currently at 1 jutsu at a time, there is always a lull... if combination jutsu or multiple jutsu were to be introduced through the removal of the hidden rule, whats to stop one person from having 10 passive jutsu active at once? You gonna complain to the admins? You know how slow they are. Might as well just make it set in stone. This whole system would only really effect those using multiple channeled jutsu, or combination jutsu.

If you want to pull rank fine, you've been on this site the longer then I, However, I have been RPing for the better part of 16-17 years when I was in 8th grade back in 98-99. I've been on alot of sites, across multiple genres. Seen many systems, wrote many rps, fought with many people ((in and out of character Razz )) What i'm suggesting allows the complete removal of the rule, but structures it's use to prevent abuse and preserve balance.

Quote :
As for your Unrivaled Strength bit, things like that are not allowed on US.

yeah, it would make sense that the only Canon jutsu of the 5-tails jin would be banned, while the other uses of steam, I discovered, are the KKG of a clan....F me V_V"

@mugen
Quote :
that's some BS and never should have been approved that way in the first place.

it was approved by 2 ppl at creation and it's based on canon. Your not a mod anymore, stay away from my stuff GRRRRRRRRRR <_< ((bites hat!))
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2015, 2:00 pm

As for people not being staff anymore or never having been staff, I never really gave a shit. When I saw something I did not like or felt like needed a second opinion, I gave it in hopes of that person understanding what the problem was. Right after I saw that thing Mugen pointed out, I was like "How". But that aside.

I can tell that the rule will most likely not change and keep going the way it is right now. There is no such thing as passive jutsu because everything needs chakra upkeeps and only one jutsu can be active at a time. It makes sense that when you use follow-up jutsu, the jutsu that acts as a progenitor for it would end along with the jutsu springing forth from it. Seeing as how the whole thing is not well received and how one jutsu coming from the other is not done often or done well enough to be found approvable, I don't think a system is actually needed for it at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule On The Subject Of the "One Jutsu At A Time Rule - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-