Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An idea I had.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 1:58 am

I had an idea for a Naruto site awhile ago, but I lack the time, skill, and well patience to create it, but I wanted to throw the idea out there to see what people thought.

I was thinking an alternate history/world where the main villages haven't been put together and the land if divided into numerous provinces ruled by the various clans we have on the site. Canon and Original clans mind you. Alliances would be made or broken, treaties made, nations formed whatever.

Now as for banned clans I was thinking of banning Senju, Uchiha, Kaguya,and Rinnengan. The last for obvious reasons. I feel that Senji, Uchiha, and Kaguya are both kinda broken and honestly too overly played. I love Kaguya, but sweet lord there are too many of these guys. Personal preference really, but Uchiha are definitely over played and over powered. I want nothing more to do with them.

That being said I was also on the fence about the Hyuuga and Haretsu clan so give me your opinion on those two.

Now for a more personal question which clan would ya'll play as, not including the banned or in question clans? I've always been curious to what people would say if the more broken clans were taken out of the equation.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 2:54 am

Kousen Clan for life baby. Represent the storm element.

An idea I had. Storm-release-kekkei-genkai

For reals though, I don't see why there needs to be a new site for that idea. Why don't we just destroy all the villages and start a new great shinobi war led by clans rather than villages?
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 3:00 am

Figured that would be your answer XD. Idk what I'd do if we did that way though. Kiyomi could easily be the Yamanaka clan head since I got it set up that way. Been kinda losing interest in playing her though sadly, but hopefully since I'm done with school I can get the drive back. Yuu would be  fun to play as cause without the Kaguya to compete with Kidomaru clan becomes more of a top contender for best taijutsu/weaponry clan.

Still I'd like an alternate timeline or universe without Uchiha, Senju, and Kaguya. New characters, new world, but a bunch of the same systems. I really can't decide on a clan if we start from scratch though because all are baller in their own right. I just know Aburame scare me the most.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 3:48 am

All I know is that it would be awesome if the Akimichi clan was the most powerful and owned like 70% of the territory with 50% of the shinobi population being a bunch of fat chubby dudes who turn into titans.
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 3:57 am

That's what I said! That clan is so unappreciated. Like even a small village of 200 or less Akimichi would be enough to level a country more effectivley than the tailed beasts. They're just as big or bigger than most. Hell in the game Chouza wrestled with the Nine-tails and held his own for a time. God forbid one uses a Doton jutsu to coat themselves in armor. Like legit most people can't do shit to them super sized. A titan sized Akimich with the strength, speed, and endurance sc's is a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 4:39 am

Yeah, that WOULD be pretty unstoppable...unless you're a Kousen clan member with an S-rank beam capable of piercing earth armor easily and destroying the hard-to-miss Akimichi's heart or brain with a high-speed high-precision attack.

<.<

>.>

Kousen Clan Master Race FTW
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 4:40 am

Rubber clan. GG!
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 4:48 am

Foo' that's what the Kousen Clan natural skill with weaponry trait is for. Slice n' Dice~

Even the rubber pirate king himself can't handle being stabbed!
An idea I had. Tumblr_nb6y89pcaQ1si2qrmo1_500
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 4:51 am

Rubber man in flexible steel armor.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 4:57 am

Zap said armor with so much lightning it turns red hot and burns the rubber men inside. Or drown them in a sea of suiton. It's hard to swim in such heavy armor <3

Your move.
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 5:04 am

lies and scandal, but yea. What do others think? And do you think the bans of the other clans are fair?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 9:58 am

Not be pedantic (totally am) but that's not alternate history. That's literally more or less how the Naruto-universe looked before vilages were formed; just a bunch of clans doing their own things. It's not really appropriate to call it alternate. Alternate would be more along the lines of different main countries/villages, Shinobi having guns etc.

But that point aside, the problem with not having villages but clans as your "usergroups", is that you will get a huge uneven spread. There will be really popular clans (probably Uchiha*****) and then there will be the one-guy or two-guy clan, that no one is particularly interested in representing & it's quite hard to entice (pretty much force) people to join these clans. Even with 2nd characters, it will be difficult to populate the world in a way that doens't make everything quite skewed in some way. It will be just like Kiri/Kumo all over again; we will constantly have to try to herd new members. Plus, the degree of creativity and free will you have in the character creation process would be greatly limited; to give an example, clanless characters would become largely irrelevant - even if prominent and powerful, blood usually prevails.

A slightly better way to do it might be to start off with Clan Alliances from the get go. So it's not just the Uchiha, but the Uchiha-Yamanaka, Hyuuga-Kaguya and etc. and for the really minor ones, have a three-way alliance. It sets up bigger usergroups, that retain some of the village aspects, while still keeping things new and interesting by laying a foundation for an internal power struggle to be the top clan in an alliance, while at the same time, you're fighting to be the top alliance.

********EDIT: While banning "overpowered" clans may seem like a fair way to go, those are often the most popular clans. I feel like you will lose a lot of potential new members the second they found out, that the iconic clans do not exist. And heck, I'm not sure our custom clan roster can fill in that huge void.

Last edited by Chris on Wed 13 May 2015, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 10:00 am

Mugen Kousen wrote:
Yeah, that WOULD be pretty unstoppable...unless you're a Kousen clan member with an S-rank beam capable of piercing earth armor easily and destroying the hard-to-miss Akimichi's heart or brain with a high-speed high-precision attack.

<.<

>.>

Kousen Clan Master Race FTW

Your clan ain't even real. Deal with it. Anyone with red set of eyes is more important to the plot than a non-canon bunch of foos that Mr. T has to pity now and then for how non-canon they are. It's like RPing Broly... Anyways, this question was actually raised to the Staff, from what I've seen so far some people actually like the idea but I'm certainly not sure if any of them have the balls needed to bomb the site's setting like that.

Of course that'll make clanless trash pretty much useless to the plot but they're pretty much useless anyway so... Meh. Ain't got nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 10:06 am

Hebi all the way!
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 3:21 pm

Rukasu wrote:
Hebi all the way!

Mongoose represent.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 3:45 pm

Before this thread was made, I talked to staff about something like this, if not slightly different. Keep in mind that it was not really discussed as much as it was actually just named, but here goes. Now, the stuff in the quote below is the exact thing I posted in the Staff Chat, but do keep in mind that there are a few things we would need to consider. The ranking systems would not change from the one we have now, people would just follow either the Nukenin or the Wanderer thing since there are no actual villages. That said, if there are to be settlements and outposts, it would only be reasonable if the people staying there would be considered the same as Village Ninja now.

Above all, I think that this in itself should be given a bit of rest until we have things under control in terms of activity and staff. Right now, I simply do not think this is the time for such a big change as there is a system change in the works. Once all of that is said and done, that is when the time for things such as these can come, but no sooner. Doing it sooner would just murder what activity we have on US due to the sheer amount of confusion and extra workload. Do keep that in mind please. Now, the thing I showed staff a day or two ago.

Hiruzen wrote:
[11-5-2015 23:24:23] Spectre: Well, right now, we have been forced to scrap Kirigakure due to the amount of people on the site not really being that high
[11-5-2015 23:24:44] Spectre: We have an absent Raikage, which, while not his fault as he did a really good job at it when his real lifejob did not swallow him, fills in with a series of terrible Raikage
[11-5-2015 23:25:10] Spectre: And Konoha is under control, though there is no telling when something might eventually happen to me that will make that place fall into disarray
[11-5-2015 23:25:49] Spectre: When you go about the history of the Narutoverse, there used to be the period known as the Era of Warring States, which was basically clan vs clan to fight for a Daimyou to claim more land.
[11-5-2015 23:26:01] Spectre: Basically, a world where there were no Ninja villages, merely settlements and the like
[11-5-2015 23:26:57] Spectre: As things are now, we do not have enough villages to start any wars, the boundaries of villages are being constantly raped when people just casually RP with people from other villages, give away very sensitive information and the like and make it look like villages do not really mean shit anymore
[11-5-2015 23:27:26] Spectre: Now, would it not be a good idea to, in the future, shift to a setting that is more like that?
[11-5-2015 23:28:16] Spectre: Basically have settlements and towns where people can do missions, make a world where Nukenin can actually be a threat to other people, make a world where no one is really enemies by default and by those regards, create a world where people can truly have a plot that affects the world around them?
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 7:12 pm

@Hiruzen, I agree that this is something we shouldn't be trying to execute right now. Not when staff has so many big projects in the works.(Bijuu systems and Trey's overhaul are both underway and I've seen updates on them within the last 48 hours so progress IS being made. That's just the stuff I personally know about.)

That being said, it's still fun to at least talk about these kinds of ideas.

@Ruka, There is no reason why people without a clan can't rally together starting their own coalition or "clan" and become a major power player within the plot. As for anyone with red eyes having more plot significance than our non-canon clans, that's just silly. It would require said red-eyed folk to be more active and involved with the plot and has nothing to do with their lineage. Unless of course we make the horribly flawed decision to base whatever new plot this change follows entirely based on canon clans and canon clan characters. But that would be unfair and unwise as it rewards people who like certain clans over people who are active and engaged with the forum.

@Chris, I thought clan alliances would be an obvious result of such a plot. Especially once certain clans get bigger and smaller clans need a way to stand up to them. As for usergroups, I don't think anyone suggested we make a group for each clan. We could just make Usergroups rank based, or once the larger factions get established base them off of those. Either way, even if we went about it in a different manner, Usergroups could be solved with relative ease.
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 8:48 pm

Such heated debates happening. Clan alliances was a given imo, but it would be decided by the members of each clan whom they allied with. I do see what you mean about the lack of the iconic clans may hurt membership, but at the same time I'm fairly certain most people are tired of people making Uchiha regardless. I know several people have come in without reading the rules and just made Uchiha without staff permission so just removing the clan seems imo the best idea. It's a mix of personal dislike of the clan ,no offense to Uchiha fans they kinda ruined the story, and how broken they can be. Even though the site keeps them from going crazy it's still obnoxious just how many people wanna make a power hungry Uchiha. The same, but not as bad with Senju.

I could stand to keep Kaguya, Hyuga, and Harestu around, but I still don't think Senu and Uchiha should be allowed. As for the number of clans I think we have enough interesting canon and original clans to keep people interested. I know I still have several clan ideas I could throw onto the board if need be. A sound/Muscian clan, ogre clan, rubber clan, and poison clan. We have what like 20 clans or more even without Uchiha?
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 9:25 pm

All this Uchi-hate, yet no one has ever tried playing an Aburame to see how overpowered they truly are Wink
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. EmptyFri 15 May 2015, 8:35 am

That's the point though. Everyone is riding the Uchiha/Senju dick so hard that most other clans go unnoticed. Kaguya's and Hyuuga's are the one's I see the second greatest amount of followed by Nara's and Yamanaka's. I've only seen a smattering of Aburame's, Akimichi, and Inuzuka's over several different sites. The custom clans here are pretty cool. Not trying to toot my own horn for creating the Kidomaru clan, but they're really strong. Need to do the summons up some day, but I'm really surprised no one has wanted to be a multiarmed dervish of destruction. The cloth and wax clan's are pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An idea I had. Vide
PostSubject: Re: An idea I had. An idea I had. Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-