Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012, 12:33 pm

Stepping into the center hall of the massive structure, the boy could already feel that something was off. The air was predictably stale within the halls of this temple, but there was something else, something malevolent in the air. The child had grown up hearing stories from his mother about how the wind spoke to those who listened. It was something that Kaze had, up until now, only taken half seriously, but as he stood, taking in the tension filled atmosphere, he couldn't help but remember his mothers words. Sweat began to trickle down the boy's forehead and onto his brow as he began to edge slowly toward the center of the room. As he moved he could feel his legs beginning to shake slightly under him. What was it that caused him to tremble in such a manor? Suddenly a hissing noise seemed to cut through the stale and otherwise silent darkness. The sound caused the boy to jump in both surprise and fear, his hazel-brown eyes darting around the room in an vain attempt to try and identify the source of the sound. If he had found it, what would he do? What could he do? Why had he entered the temple by himself?! Something had called him in, beckoned him forward, but now as he stood here in fear, he couldn't really remember or reason why he had ventured in by himself. The child's hand made a slow and cautious movement toward the small pack strapped on his lower back. The pack contained his tools, the only things in this room that brought even an iota of security to the child's mind.

Despite the insufferable conditions with which this situation presented itself, the child was not made to suffer for long. Within seconds of making his way to the center of the room the predator made it's move. Suddenly the child's vision was engulfed in darkness as a black fog wrapped itself around the boy's form. In the next moment the boy felt his body grow heavy as his mind began to tear against itself. Screams filled the child's mind as he tried to cry out for help. No sound came though as the air in his lungs had already been depleted. The boy stood within the fog, mouth agape and eyes filled with horror as whatever malevolent creature began to exert its influence over the child's form. Kaze felt something within him quickly shifting as control began to be wrested from him in a violent manor. As the child did his best to fight against this external influence his mind began to fill with anger and hatred. Visions of pain filled his mind's eye. His past battles, his failures, all the times he had lost himself to anger and despair. Kaze's life hadn't been overly long up until now, yet, he had faced his own share of pain, something that this evil spirit took advantage of.

Throughout his life, Kaze had seemingly walked a very thin path of moral greyness. It wasn't a path he had consciously chosen, but one that he had unknowingly taken. Always walking the line of neutrality, the child harbored both good and evil within his heart. The boy was pleasant and kind, but was not above taking the lives of those who threatened him or got in his way if the situation called for it. In short, Kaze was no saint. Whatever this creature was, it seemed to pull at the evil side of his being, magnifying it and overpowering the kinder tendencies of the child. The boy felt his head fill with pain as he fell to his knees, hands moving up toward his own face as tears began to stream down his face. The pain, both physical and mental was almost too much for the young genin. Was it all over? Was he going to die here?!

"No."

Something spoke to him and in that instant Kaze felt his will power crumbling as the last bit of control was forcibly seized from him. While Kaze lost control of his body, he still retained a small place within his mind, fully aware and conscious of what was going on, but it was as if he were watching someone else. This person who looked like him was no longer Kaze Mikado.

The hands fell from the boy's face as he slowly climbed to his feet. The child's eyes, which had once been a beautiful set of hazel-brown hues were now a set of twisted and inhuman beads of inky black darkness marred by a centered crimson red iris that seemed to only accentuate the demonic aura that now radiated from the child's body. Looking at the boy, one could tell that something was not quite right about him. The child took a moment to admire his new body, flexing his arms as though it were his first time using the upper appendages. A sinister smile flashed across the boy's face as he clenched both his hands into tight fists, exhaling sharply before suddenly turning his attention toward the hall from whence he came. There were others here, he could feel them. Perhaps leaving this place would be a bit more difficult than he had first thought. With that thought in mind the child moved quickly toward the shadows, using the small body to his advantage to conceal his form from the others before they made their way into the large room.

[OCC: Once again, my bad on the late post. I just finished my exams yesterday. Unfortunately I may be late on the next one too due to me flying out of the country tomorrow. The trip will be close to 2 days for me and once I reach my destination I will probably take a day or two to get settled in. Again, I thank you all for being patient with me. I will try to be quicker (which I was this time!). Sorry for any inconveniences that I may have caused. Anyway, happy holidays to all of you!]
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Dec 2012, 2:17 am

Kanji wasn't any less tense. His body still prepared for the slightest hint of danger to present itself. The sole genin known as Izanagi was drowned out by Kanji's inner thoughts as he focused heavily on the darkness before them. The sudden crashing of the ship made the senju snap back into reality as he shot a glare towards the noise. In came rolling the nara. Kanji felt him slam against the leg of the large man. Kanji didn't move. He didn't flinch. He was still waiting on the darkness to make its first move. He began to drown the world back out only to hear the nara start talking about chasing after Kaze. " I think it goes without saying that we should head after Kaze immediately, who knows whats inside this place." Kanji ignored the rest as he wasn't going to listen to a group of children telling him how to run his mission. He began to walk forward as he looked back over his right shoulder towards the two. "Remember this. If you two weren't here I'd have already been inside this temple with the shield. Don't tell me what position to take when I'm being weighed down. Just try to keep up with me."

Kanji disappeared. He wasn't there it was simple as that. In that instance the door slammed shut. The senju reappeared with his right hand balled into a fist. With one massive swing of his right arm the two massive doors themselves crumbled inwardly. They gave way to the strength the senju possed as he didn't even smile. He disappeared once more only to reappear in the darkness hidden from the peering eyes of the genin. His clothes still thrown over his shoulder he felt along the walls. Something touched his hand. It was something he knew very well. It was a mixture of earth, water and chakra. Well, to Kanji it was anyways. He gripped it with all he strength and ripped the torch off the wall. It laid unlit but that would soon change as Kanji felt the tip of it. It was course and grainy. It was meant to be scraped against rock to set it aflame. He dragged it across the wall as the tunnel soon became lit up with burning light. The jounin looked back at the genin and motioned with his head for them to come forward. There was a good distance between them but it wasn't too large for them to get separated if one were to get attacked. "You two are to stay close to each other. I'm going to lead. Don't fall behind and if you do don't let either of you out of each other's sight. We'll all meet up at the shield eventually. If you find Kaze do not. I repeat. DO NOT. Let him get too close to you. Something is very wrong here. That kid isn't the type to wander away into darkness like this. I don't know if he was attacked or forced in there but I don't like this. He might be controlled or whatever. Just keep your distance. But don't. I swear to god, buddha or whatever. Do not let him know. If you make it obvious then all our lives will be in even more danger if someone is controlling him."

Kanji was very blunt with his orders. Most didn't enjoy missions with him for that reason itself. It was a flaw he had and he didn't intend to get rid of. With his orders given Kanji walked into the darkness with the genin hopefully following behind him. He felt his clothes seem to dry faster with the torch lit for obvious reasons. He wasn't one to let something as simple as feelings weigh him down from finding a lost comrade. He promised them all that he would protect them all. Ashin was gone so he had to go into overdrive and ensure all his genin were safe together. He wasn't going to let them die in this temple. Not if he had anything to say about.

SC:
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Dec 2012, 8:04 pm

I AM VENGEANCE

As expected, the jounin had no intent to listen to Izanagi at all and he was starting to lose patience with the jounins behaviour. He acts as if he is the strongest and smartest man on the planet, not caring for a single soul believing he can do everything by himself. It was just infuriating to be stuck with a person who doesn't want to cooperate whatsoever, and worse of it all, he took the position of a dictator, not taking anybodies opinion. While it is true that Izanagi was just a genin, he didn't get the rank for free, he had to deserve it. And for a jounin to act this way towards him was just insulting. Of course he wasn't going to stay silent about it and he decided to voice his opinion but suddenly he was disrupted by a crash. He looked at the place of the crash and saw the Nara rolling towards them and finally slamming into the jounins leg. The jounin didn't flinch, he just kept staring in the hallway inside the temple. Izanagi was glad that he was able to survive "Don't worry Azoth, we weren't going to let you behind". The Nara took some time to assess the situation they were in and take a look around. After that he told what everybody thought, they had to look for Kaze immediately. And of course the jounin just ignored him too. Infuriating.

"Remember this. If you two weren't here I'd have already been inside this temple with the shield. Don't tell me what position to take when I'm being weighed down. Just try to keep up with me."

When the jounin said that Izanagi just snapped "Listen here you sorry excuse for a ninja. If you are so confident of your skills why didn't you just go inside, find Kaze, get the shield before we came here and save us the trouble to follow a buffoon like you! This is a team mission, which means we have to cooperate. And if you don't know what the word means, and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, it means that we need to work together to accomplish a shared goal, which is finding the shield! So you will either cooperate or this mission will fail because of you!" Izanagi was harsh, maybe a bit disrespectful, but the jounin had it coming. He had to get his act together or this mission won't end well. And than the jounin suddenly disappeared. Whether he heard Izanagi or not, 'twas not his concern. After he cooled down a bit Izanagi felt a strange presence radiating inside the temple which he didn't feel up until now. It was probably because he got heated and he didn't pay too much attention to the surroundings. But now that he feels that something is odd with the place, and he didn't like it.

But whether this place held something dangerous or not, they had to get inside and find the shield. But the doors closed as soon as Izanagi started walking towards them. But the closed doors didn't last long as the jounin just basically destroyed them giving away their presence to anybody inside the temple, if there was anybody inside. And again the jounin disappeared in the dark hallway. It's a miracle nothing yet happened to the jounin since he is running around the temple so carelessly. But than again if nothing happened it means that the hallway is safe at the moment and it's secure enough to go inside. And so he did. Izanagi took a step inside and finally he was in the temple. The hallway, though dark, was filled with statues, again all of snakes. And they weren't a pleasant sight. They seemed too real, as if one of them is going to jump right at them. "Better to be safe than sorry." Murmured Izanagi and activated his Sharingan to check if any of the statues are actually alive. Luckily they weren't. He even saw the jounin further down the hallway. The jounin picked a torch from the wall and lit it. He told them to stay close to each other and warned them not to get too close to Kaze until they made sure it was Kaze. Even though Izanagi could care less on what the jounin says at this point, he still did make sense. Something is very wrong here and if you're not careful, it will bite you in the end.

I AM THE NIGHT
TEMPLATE BY LAUREN (CYANIDE CANDY)

Chakra left: 44/50

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ivan on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
proof72
proof72

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Dec 2012, 10:23 pm

His plan was full proof, the epitome of strategic brilliance! But, unfortunately Azo's age seemed to overshadow his genius, as his commanding officer paid no heed to the words coming from his lips. Maybe it was just the way he was, a lone wolf with a superiority complex, someone who would live by his creed and die by it too before accepting the prospect of help. Azo sighed as he placed his free hand atop his scalp, scratching vigorously as the Jounin began to acknowledge the others "Remember this. If you two weren't here I'd have already been inside this temple with the shield. Don't tell me what position to take when I'm being weighed down. Just try to keep up with me.". His words struck a sour note with the Nara, Jounin were supposed to be Shinobi who set an example for the rest. But if this was the results of great power, then Azoth might just prefer to stay a Genin, quick witted and humble with his amazing abilities. But it was Izanagi who was truly angered by his words "Listen here you sorry excuse for a ninja. If you are so confident of your skills why didn't you just go inside, find Kaze, get the shield before we came here and save us the trouble to follow a buffoon like you! This is a team mission, which means we have to cooperate. And if you don't know what the word means, and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, it means that we need to work together to accomplish a shared goal, which is finding the shield! So you will either cooperate or this mission will fail because of you!"

His words, though harsh, were abundantly true. Before he could offer a rebuttal however, the Senju was off, disappearing in a moment of grotesque speed. What would follow though, was a demonstration even more excessive then the last. The doors which stood closed, barring their way from the rest of the temple were suddenly demolished as the culprit reappeared, Kanji Senju. His hand dropped back down to his side, as their sensei wasted no time on his approach, at least the man was dedicated to the mission, he though. Azo looked over to Izanagi before they headed inside " Hey, don't let him get to you. If he's a sorry excuse then we are just gonna have to rise to the occasion in order to make up for that won't we? Maybe teach him a lesson or two". Azoth was fired up, he ignored the bad feeling in the pit of his stomach as he walked forth into the void, keeping close to his comrade as he strung an arrow into his brandished bow.

The Jounin grabbed a nearby torch, striking it against the course surroundings and giving birth to light. Azoth made sure he kept close to both of his allies, knowing that the shadows produced from the gleaming flames would be a great asset to the young Shinobi. Havoc was lurking nearby, the Nara youth could feel its embrace all over the temple walls, lurking just around the corner for a chance to strike out at his squad. But there was a fire burning strong within him, Azo felt more challenged then he did afraid by this ominous presence. Whatever it was, he would overcome it, This was a mission of the utmost importance after all and after all they had done to get here, there was no way that the Nara would turn back now. He glanced at Kanji who walked ahead of them, barely a care for any of the danger this place held. While Izanagi was quite the opposite, the Uchiha was ready, seeing the possibility of conflict at every turn. His bright red hues lit up even in the dark scenery " Those are some wicked eyes you got there".
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Dec 2012, 4:46 pm

[OOC: I haven't got anything to add on this turn. All I need to tell you about is that I'll be keeping the current posting order with; TOPKite, Kiseki, Ivan and Proof72. Chances are, I'll be missing the next posting turn since I'll be on holiday for the next two weeks. So rather than having the topic come to a stand still, I'll try and find another Admin willing to step in for me. Keep at it lads!]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Jan 2013, 8:07 pm

A loud crash served as the calling card of those who were entering this holy place. The child remained within the shadows of the main antechamber, waiting and watching. In the distance he thought he could make out a faint glow creeping around the corner from the hall that he had only recently entered the large room from. The blood red eyes narrowed slightly as his hand slid against the cold stone and marble like material that made up the wall of this strange structure. What was he to do at this point? The group had yet to enter the room, bursting out from the cloak of darkness prematurely was not a wise move. A slight look of frustration crept across the boy's features as he started to grow impatient. Why were they all taking so long to reach his location? Were they being extra careful? For what reason? The boy continued to contemplate the issue. Eventually a sinister smile began to spread over the boy's lips as a diabolical idea came to his mind. The child did his best to stifle a small, self-satisfied chuckle before taking a deep breath. Suddenly his voice could be heard cutting through the darkness, calling out his former allies.

"Ah! Help me! Stay away from me!"

The child called out at the top of his lungs, allowing the natural acoustics of the chamber to amplify his voice, allowing it to reverberate around the confines of the structure and make its way down the hall, largely distorting and masking the location from whence it came. Though his voice naturally had changed since the strange entity had taken control of his mind and body, the boy had done his best to alter his voice to match that of his former persona. Though knowing that one might be able to pick up on the difference in sound, the child hoped that the sense in urgency his cry had carried would work to distress and hurry the group to the central chamber where he awaited them with anticipation. It was hard for the child to really predict what would happen, but he suspected that his appearance at least would give him a slight edge in the form of the element of surprise.

"Please! Leave me alone! AH!"

Another distress filled call echoed around the building's interior, attempting to stir the hearts and minds of those he had once called friends. As he continued to try and goad the others into hurrying their approach, he could feel a slight pull on the edge of his mind, obviously his former self trying to rebel against the new tenant, trying to regain control before this strange entity forced him to commit some unforgivable act.

"Please stop! Please! Let me go!"

The boy cried out in his own mind, fighting against the foreign entity in an attempt to wrest back control over his body, but unfortunately it seemed that no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't seem to gain even the slightest bit of control over himself.

[OOC: This is becoming a regular thing and I'm sorry. I've been busy over the holidays but now things are calming down. I do apologize for the short post, but really I don't have much I can do at this point, seeing as you guys have yet to enter the main chamber. Anyways, I'm sorry.]
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 6:51 pm

Kanji rushed off after the noise he heard. He kept himself restrained so that he wouldn't leave the genin behind. He cursed this luck. Kanji in his hurry hadn't notice the entire change in the boy's voice however something felt wrong. He was a ninja. Why would he be calling out for help instead of fighting back? Kanji shook his head as he stepped into the main chamber his torch lighting up the area nicely. Well as nicely as possible in such a damp place. But that thing's red eyes. No. Kanji's red eyes made it obvious where the two were. Albeit Kanji's didn't glow demonically but with enough light source it was a good enough calling card for where the senju was. As did the monster before him. The genin were closing in behind Kanji now as he gritted his teeth. "Let go of him..." Kanji muttered before tossing the torch down along with his clothes he held over his shoulder. In one swift motion the senju pulled out a kunai and threw it just in front of the approaching genin.

"Don't pass that kunai. If you do... I can't help you." Kanji said quietly. He hated to admit it but whatever had gotten into Kaze wasn't going to easily be stopped by just a simple exchange of blows. That was obvious from the change the senju had seen. Glowing red eyes usually meant something was very awry. Kanji flexed his muscles as he tensed his body up preparing to fight whatever came towards him. "If he pushes me back... Run. Don't stop. Those are my final orders as jounin of this mission. Don't look back if you see me get pushed back behind that kunai." A good ten feet separated Kanji from that kunai. It wouldn't take much to push a normal person behind it but Kanji wasn't exactly the definition of normal. "Kaze. I don't want to hurt you. But whatever has gotten into you doesn't get out by the time this fight starts..." Kanji trailed off with this sentence as the air seemed to get thicker and thicker. "I won't pull any punches."

With one sweeping motion Kanji's right foot raised up and crushed the torching emitting what little light it did. Kanji pulled out three explosive tags and threw them in front of himself as his body tensed up for the strongest of blows. "Uchiha! Use your sharingan to keep track of Kaze and Myself. Make sure the nara doesn't walk into the fight by accident!" Kanji yelled out as he detonated the three explosive tags providing a quick explosion of light while pulling up a cloud of smoke to hide their location in that small flash. Kanji dashed forward towards one of the torches on the left hand wall while keeping track of those blood red eyes best he could. Kanji grabbed it and threw it towards where the nara was with all his might. "Nara! Catch!" Kanji called out. But he knew it was a mistake to think of them first. The beast would surely be upon him now and strike while he focused on the genin.

jutsu:
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 10:12 pm

I AM VENGEANCE

"Those are some wicked eyes you got there."

Indeed they are. Even though Izanagi never bragged about them and their power, they are practical and they saved him from danger more than once. He really couldn't imagine how other people do it without them, never seeing how chakra flows, seeing the danger in advance. They are just amazing. But maybe he is getting too dependant about them. If he would somehow lose these eyes, he would be completely lost without them. He will have to use the eyes less frequently and train to fight without using them. But that will wait because now, his eyes are the only thing keeping him alive.

"Ah! Help me! Stay away from me!"

It was Kaze. Or at least it seemed to be him. The voice sounded "different" but it still sounded like him. The jounin immediately rushed towards the scream to save Kaze. A rash decision, jumping into the unknown. But what's done it's done and so Izanagi rushed too towards the scream against his better judgement, but still remaining on guard and looking all around himself trying to spot any suspicious movement. As he was coming closer he started to notice a large and sinister flow of chakra in the distance. And than he realized, it was Kaze. But it seems that he was possessed by some kind of monster. The chakra he was emitting couldn't be his, it was too large for a single human being to posses.

Izanagi wanted to warn the jounin about Kaze not being himself when Izanagi was suddenly stopped by a kunai thrown right in front of him. Kanji threw it and said not to cross it, because if they do, he won't be able to protect them. It seems that the jounin does care, at least to some degree, but the objective of this mission is to get the Shield and get out of here. At some point Izanagi will have to cross the kunai to get the shield, but not before he sees where the Shield is being held.

I AM THE NIGHT

Chakra left: 42/50

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 6:52 pm

[OOC: Proof72 is unfortunately taking too long and so I'll be performing a post skip, continue the posting order as normal please. Other then that, GG so far guys.]
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 9:19 am

Kaze stood within the shadows of the room until the illuminating glow of the torch which the jounin carried entered the confines of the large antechamber. Realizing that the shadows would do little to aid him now, Kaze stepped out from the darkness, his blood red eyes glaring into the similarly colored hues of his soon-to-be-opponent. In fact as the two glared at one another the slight resemblance between the two finally began to show itself. The blood red eyes wasn't the only thing the two seemed to have in common. The lighter hues that the two ninjas' locks possessed helped create a distorted mirror image as both the younger and older warrior carried themselves with similar posture, both tense and ready to strike at one another without reserve. As the two stared each other down, Kaze's ears began to twitch as he picked up the faint growl emitted by his opponent. A command to release the boy, obviously something that the strange creature couldn't comply with, not yet at least. The boy's demonic eyes moved up and down Kanji's body, studying it, admiring it. Perhaps the serpent king had been too hasty in selecting a vessel. The boy's body was fine, but it was still underdeveloped, having yet to reach its full potential. On the other hand, this larger male's body was more suitable for combat. The natural abilities of Kanji's form combined with the power of the serpent king would have made for an unstoppable team.

"I'll take his body once I've defeated him. I should have enough power to do that even with this young one as my vessel.

The spirit thought to itself as it began to formulate a plan to which he could capture his new prey. Immediately, however, the large man was already yelling, both to Kaze and the two boys that had now entered the scene. The serpent king's eyes narrowed as he glared at the small group of misfits, formulating its plans on how to best approach the situation. In the blink of an eye the two fighters were on the move, both throwing a series of kunai forward, Kanji's weapons managing to be released first. While Kanji's projectiles rushed forward only to detonate in midair to provide both a distracting flash and a cover of smoke which served to keep the serpent king from rushing forward immediately, Kaze's three kunai carried through the field of smoke, approaching not Kanji, but the two genin in the back. With the recent flash partially blinding the serpent king, Kaze's body pulled back, moving away from the center of the room as Kanji rushed to the side of the antechamber to retrieve some unlit torches from the walls. The series of events that followed took place in the span of a second or two. As Kanji turned to throw the torches toward his two genin subordinates, the three kunai would close the gap toward the two genin, cutting through the smoke with deadly speed and precision. Just moments before contact, just outside of an arm's reach the serpent king formed the signature hand seal that one would use to detonate explosive tags. It was then that the three kunai that the young blonde haired youth had launched would suddenly erupt into three midair explosions that would not only threaten to damage the two genin but would serve to inadvertently knock away the thrown torches, not only knocking them away but serving to shatter them, rendering the sticks useless.

By now the serpent king's vision was beginning to return to normal, just in time for his low light vision to catch a glimpse of Kanji and his associates in the distance, taking only a brief moment to evaluate the damage he had inflicted on the young ones of the group, if any.

SC:

Jutsu:

Equipment:

CP: 109/110

Chakra Points Math!:

Last edited by TOPKite on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 1:29 am

Kanji's eyes widened as he felt no impact on his body after the torch left his hands. His body still in motion the senju felt his blood begin to boil as he activated his old signature skill. His right arm began to turn to wood as he kicked off the wall By the time Kanji reacted the kunai would've already gotten towards the genin. The senju could do nothing to help them now, he could only hope they got out of the way and punish the person responsible for threatening them. "KAZE!" Kanji roared in anger as he landed in the center of the chamber. "I've learned to not speak in battle from an old friend Kaze. But I think I'll make an-" Kanji dashed towards the figure as he raised his right arm up preparing to launch his signature punch. "EXCEPTION!" His arm would extend out as Kanji swung forward giving the punch extra power behind it threatening to end the small genin's life. But obviously whatever possessed Kaze wouldn't go down this easily. The senju immediately dashed away from his location for fear of a counter attack from the genin. "I'll make you into a man after this fight Kaze. Come at me with all your might! Learn why Kanji Senju is the jounin of Kumogakure!" Kanji was gone again. He couldn't see Kaze until his eyes adjusted so he needed to stall for 3 seconds in between each attack to find the small child. Kanji was defenseless in the darkness and he could only hope the genin were safe since he wasn't able to locate anyone with no light for them to see. Then it dawned on him. The doors in the hallway were still open. His eyes widened as he dashed towards the exit. He held out both his arms in a closeline like fashion hoping to catch the two genin as he dashed for the exit. The light from the glowing temple would be their light source. Not even Kanji could successfully destroy the entire temple to darken the sea. As the senju appeared where he last remembered his genin he silently prayed to whatever god there was in this temple to let them get caught in his path. If they could get outside all three of them would have a chance to survive. "Uchiha. Nara. Grab on." Kanji whispered just as he took off once more towards the exit.

SC:

jutsu:
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013, 10:02 pm

I AM VENGEANCE

No matter how hard he looked around the big open room with the help of his sharingan, Izanagi just couldn't spot the shield. He though, since it's supposedly made by a god, maybe it would emit some kind of chakra and thus he would be able to spot it. But it seems that either the Shield is too far and he can't spot it, or he was simply wrong and the shield possesses no kind of chakra which would make sense to him since he doesn't believe in gods. But, if the shield emits nothing, than it will be hard to find because the inside of the temple is almost pitch black. For somebody who has no help from a jutsu to see better at night, he would be basically blind. But while Izanagi was looking for the shield, he would always glance at Kaze's and Kanji's fight.

Kaze had this weird chakra flowing through him, and it was much, much denser than of a normal genin, it was almost like Kanji's chakra, but still not quiet there. However, whatever possessed Kaze, it made him much more powerful, rivalling even Kanji's speed which could be really bad for Izanagi and Azoth as they will not be able to dodge a direct attack from him. Even though Izanagi can somewhat follow him with his sharingan, there was no way he could dodge a close attack from Kaze. However, that wasn't the only problem. How will they free Kaze from whatever it's inside it? This mission was getting worse by the minute and they haven't even spotted the shield.

The torch that Kanji threw was a bit off the target and so Azoth wasn't able to catch it. But it didn't matter, Izanagi had no need of a torch with his eyes, but he wasn't sure about Kanji. Giving up his only source of light was a bit rash, even though he had good intentions. Luckily it seems that he can see Kaze, at least to some degree. The fight between them continued in an instant with both of them throwing kunais. Kaze's kunai had explosive on them but they exploded before they could reach Kanji, probably to use the smoke they created as a distraction and for surprise attacks from it. But the kunais that Kanji threw weren't going towards Kanji, they were going towards Izanagi and Azoth.

What's worse Izanagi spotter that all three had explosive notes on them. "Run!" Yelled Izanagi at Azoth and than rushed forward into the room and jumped at the side as far as he could. He hoped that he would be able to escape the blast, or at least get far enough to reduce the damage. As he jumped the tags exploded. The blast launched him further away from the door, behind a pillar. The damage wasn't great but it hurt nonetheless. He stood up and looked around with his sharingan. Since he was behind the the pillar Izanagi was only able to spot two sources of chakras.

One was obviously Kaze's, the creature's chakra was easy to recognize, and there was a second one near Kaze. Deffinitely Kanji, but there was no sight of Azoth's chakra. Did he survive the blast or was he far enough so that Izanagi couldn't see him. He never knew how far he can see somebodies chakra with Sharingan, but he hoped that Azoth survived the blast because one death is already too much, and Kaze getting possessed was horrible too. If they lost Azoth, only Izanagi and Kanji would be left to finish the mission, unless they somehow manage to free Kaze from the creature inside him. The fight continued for few seconds when Kanji decided to do something Izanagi never expected.

"Uchiha. Nara. Grab on."

Kanji yelled and rushed outside. Was he running away or did he have something else in mind. Whatever it is Izanagi wouldn't be able to reach him in time nor would he be able to run away from Kaze seeing how he is as fast as Kanji. And suddenly Izanagi was alone in the room with possessed Kaze, and probably Azoth. Luckily he was behind the pillar so there was no way he could see him. However Izanagi made sure not to make a sound, nor move even an inch. He stayed behind the pillar looking directly at Kaze hoping that he would think Kanji took both of them. The smoke did interfere with Kaze's sight when the tags exploded so hopefully he didn't see where Izanagi went. Hopefully he didn't see Kanji not grabbing anybody. If that's the case, Izanagi would be safe at the moment.

But still, he had to be ready. He was ready to make few hand seals and use one of his Illusive Reality genjutsus to trick Kaze if he would come towards him. However, what will he do with it. The genjutsu won't last long, so how to distract Kaze long enough so that Izanagi can get outside the temple alive. maybe he could send the genjutsu to run outside and than get outside once he hears the sounds of battle with Kanji, or will he make the genjutsu fight him and distract him away from the door long enough. Whatever it is he will have to decide quickly or this might be the last mission Izanagi has ever done.

I AM THE NIGHT

Chakra left: 40/50

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 6:05 pm

[OOC: Proof72 appears to be on an absence that he's forgotten to make us aware of, thus another post skip will be performed in order for this topic to progress further. As this topic has been very slowly progressing along and it's quite frustrating to move on when he have an absence that we're unaware of, I'm allowing TOPKite's character to be able to kill Proof72's character within the same post.]
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 10:04 pm

The sound of multiple explosions tore through the darkness, reverberating off the walls and echoing down the halls. There was a time when such a sound would have received an alarmed response from the residents of the temple, but now no such response came. This temple was empty, save for the three intruders and the Serpent King himself. Kaze's vision didn't take long to revert to normal as he quickly appraised the damage caused by his attack. In the wake of the explosion it had seemed that both the young ninja had been thrown to the side from the force of the impact, though exactly where was rather difficult to tell due to the small cloud of smoke that still lingered between the two parties. Of course, Kaze didn't really have the option of standing and staring, his attention still mostly focused on the largest and most threatening individual in this rag-tag group.

"KAZE! I've learned to not speak in battle from an old friend Kaze. But I think I'll make an-"

The large man was now charging toward Kaze with anger filled eyes. If looks could kill, Kaze would have been dead on the spot, but luckily that was not the case. Suddenly the man's arm began to make a peculiar transformation, shifting from skin,bone, and sinew into what looked to be pure wood. It was as though a tree had sprouted from his arm and was making a beeline straight for the small boy's body. The possessed child dove to his right side, his body nearly going end over end as it seemed as though he were about to do a face plant right on the temple floor. Suddenly with the agility of a seasoned shinobi, the boy's right arm reached out toward the earth, his palm smacking the ground firmly as he suddenly pushed off the ground, righting his position as he landed on his feet about three meters from his previous position, managing to dodge the jounin's attack entirely. The boy was up and ready for a follow up attack but none came as he watched the older ninja take off running down the hall, calling out to his comrades to hold on. Of course it was an odd move to the small boy as he watched his opponent run away, looking as though he were trying to grasp onto something but failing to do so. Kaze could only assume the older ninja had been trying to grab his two younger companions in an effort to escape. Of course the explosion had blown both the young ninja way from their previous location and with the jounin's inability to see correctly in the dark, the older male failed to remove his friends from harm's way. It was then that Kaze noticed a flicker of movement coming from the corner of his vision. His blood red eyes immediately darted toward the source of the motion, spotting one of the younger ninja lying on the ground, doing his best to scramble to his feet. The boy was blind and disoriented and now he was alone.

"No don't!"

Kaze cried out to the demon within him in his own mind, but his body moved on its own, controlled by the serpent king as the two rushed toward the downed ninja, a kunai seemingly appearing in his left hand with only a blur of movement. There was no hope for this poor soul. The jounin had ran too far to make it back in time to stop this execution. Suddenly Kaze was upon the Nara boy, his kunai flying forward and around the boy's neck as his free hand grasped the back of the genin's head, grabbing him by the hair and bending his head forward slightly to expose those delicate and vital blood vessels. A quick line was drawn across the child's neck, slitting his throat from one side to the other in one strong and defining red line. And with that the boy was dead, or on his way to death as blood and air began to spill from the wound. A soft gurgling sound could be heard coming from the child as Kaze released the boy, letting him fall to the ground. It would be a quick process now. There was no hope, not without the team's medic, which ironically had committed the act. Of course, as all this transpired, the boy made sure to keep a good portion of his attention on the door. He didn't think it would take long for the older ninja to realize that he had abandoned his team to the dangerous foe that was the Serpent King. No doubt he'd come back just as quickly as he left, of course no matter how fast he was, there was no way to prevent what had just transpired. One of the team was dead and now the Serpent King was ready to take care of the leftovers.

SC:

Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Feb 2013, 12:38 pm

[OOC: Due to Kiseki now dropping out of the event, I've decided to place this topic on pause while I write up a conclusion on what has taken place, this topic has not been a successful one. It's a shame we've had so many drop out due to their inactivity, but lessons have been learnt I guess. I'll try my best to get the post up by today, if not, definitely by tomorrow. Thanks.

As Ivan still wishes to continue this topic, with the belief that we'll be able to get through it a lot faster with only two active members participating, I've decided to retract my previous statement and allow for this topic to move further onwards. Your post, Ivan.]
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Feb 2013, 8:56 pm

I AM VENGEANCE

Izanagi was in a dire situation right now. Kanji for some reason ran away while trying to get the two genin outside, but that plan failed miserably seeing how the explosion separated them and threw them away from the door. Luckily Izanagi managed to escape the explosion, but he still couldn't see Azoth with his Sharingan. And the worst of it all, Kaze saw that Kanji didn't pick up anybody. Suddenly a small source of chakra lit up. It was Azoth. He was still at the door, lying on the ground in pain, trying to get up. He wasn't able to escape the explosion and now, he was a sitting duck for Kaze.

In just a second, Kaze was above Azoth, holding something in his hand, a kunai most probably. And before Izanagi could scream to Kaze to stop, he slit Azoth's throat. Izanagi was at shock. Another one is dead. How is he going to get out alive from this situation. He was all alone with a demon in a dark room. Sure, he does have the sharingan, but what help will that do to him. The sheer power of the demon inside Kaze is far beyond Izanagi's. How is he going to get out of this. He started to panic, sweat, tremble. Is this it? Is this how he dies? Will he ever again return to Kumogakure, to his home. Probably not.

This is far beyond his capabilities. He could probably stall him for a minute or two, but to what end? There is nobody to save now. It was only him and the demon. What could a genin possibly do at this situation to save himself. The more he thought about it, the more he somehow became relaxed. If this was going to be the end of him, he might at least go out with style. But he won't just go attack carelessly, he will think, use his genjutsu and maybe even prepare a surprise attack for him. At this point, he has nothing to lose.

However, maybe he could somehow free Kaze from the demon that possessed him. If he did that, they could stand a chance of finishing this mission. But how will he free Kaze from it? Does the demon share his pain? If he does, maybe, just maybe, he could deal enough damage to knock out the beast inside and somehow free Kaze from it's grasp. But if he frees Kaze from it, will the demon simply come out again, with full power, or will it do something completely different. Izanagi didn't know. And how could he? This was the first time he is faced with a situation like this, it's not like he faces body possessing demons all day long. But at least he has a plan, as desperate as it sounds, it's still something.

Now the question is how to damage Kaze's body enough to free him from the demon without killing him. The jutsus Izanagi knew weren't powerful enough to deal much damage, and the genjutsus were more for a distraction than anything else. He searched through his kit to see if he has anything useful and than he saw it. He had two explosive tags in his kit. How did he forget that he had these things in his kit is beyond him. It was probably the inevitable death that made him forget, but right now it doesn't matter. He has enough fire-power to deal some serious damage.

The last thing left to plan is how will he get close enough to use the explosive tags. Throwing them with a kunai would be a waste as Kaze would simply jump away from it and avoid the explosion all together, destroying all hope Izanagi had of surviving. No, he had to get up close and personal. But Izanagi never saw what can Kaze actually do. Can he use ninjutsu? Probably, which would make the plan of getting close to him even more difficult. But that's the only thing he has right now.

He had a plan, Kaze was still standing above Azoth's dead body, and Izanagi was still hiding behind the pillar. Now the tough part of the plan comes. Actually doing it. Hopefully Kaze is thinking that Izanagi died from the explosion too, so maybe he won't search for him at all, or maybe he will. Either way, he will stay behind the pillar, hidden from Kaze and wait for the perfect opportunity to strike. He pulled out his two explosive notes and held them tight in his hand.
I AM THE NIGHT

Chakra left: 38/50

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Feb 2013, 9:37 pm

The Serpent King stood there, looking at the door with a suspicious look. He was, for the first time in centuries, surprised. He had expected the older ninja to stay and fight. He had expected the man to try and protect his own and to save the younglings, but that didn't seem to be the case. With a small scowl the serpent king began to shift his attention back to the room. There was one more to deal with. There had been two children standing before the door. The blast had blown them both to the side. One had been quick enough to run off somewhere while the other had been laid out flat on the ground, now dead as a result of the serpent king's actions and the older ninja's inaction. It was time to take care of the survivor. While the Serpent King had no real idea of the boy's exact location, he was sure of one thing: The boy was still here and he was hiding somewhere. His body wasn't on the ground and he was no where in plain sight. The demon also knew that the boy hadn't left the room since he hadn't seen the boy running out with the more experienced ninja. With that in mind the Serpent King began to make his way toward the pillars on the opposite side of the room. There was good enough reason to believe that if the blast had blown one of the children to one side, then the other child would have most likely been thrown in the opposite direction due to the explosion taking place more or less between the two. With that thought in mind the Serpent King made his way toward one of the closer pillars on that side. There was no real particular reason for choosing that specific pillar, other than it was the closest one to the door and to the demon's location. His steps, while brisk, were not hurried. There was no real urgency. He could take his time with this fight and plan his moves. There was no hesitation on the Serpent King's part and even as the small boy inside his head continued to cry out in protest to the actions he witnessed his own body performing, there was no reason to stop or pause. He'd end this and take his prize.

"No...please stop!"

The voice in his head echoed, reverberating around the Serpent King's mind as the demon drew closer and closer to the pillar which his young opponent hid behind. The demon only smirked, ignoring his host's pleas. The time for talk was over. For too long the Serpent King had been imprisoned in this temple. This was his chance for freedom! He wasn't about to let some child prevent him from taking what he rightfully deserved. Kings were not meant to be bound by chains. They were meant to be free. They were meant to rule! These thoughts caused the demon's steps to suddenly increase as he began to run toward the pillar, quickly rounding the corner, his low light vision allowing him to quickly identify the child who had been hiding all this time. Without a word the demon threw an intense and forceful punch forward with his left arm, aiming it straight for the boy's midriff. There was no pause, no hesitation. Everything would be fluid and quick. While the Serpent King would have loved to drag this out and revel in his opponent's pain, he didn't want to leave anything to chance. This was his opportunity for freedom! He would not lose it.

Assuming the punch connected, the demon would continue to push the offensive, moving forward as much as he needed to catch his opponent to follow up with a second open handed strike, coming from his right side, aiming the strike for the center of the boy's chest, aiming to send him flying back by calling upon his immense strength. Even if the first punch hadn't connected, the serpent king wouldn't shown any sign of letting up on his assault and would have attempted to follow up the missed initial strike in very much the same way he would have if it had connected. The aim here was to take the child down, not to play games and definitely not to give the kid any time to launch a counter if it could be helped. Of course, in his haste, the battle hardened demon made sure not to skip the details. As he pursued the boy in this intense offensive he noted the small slips of paper gripped tightly within the child's hands. Of course without seeing them clearly there was no sure way to know what they were, but the first guess in the demon's head was the idea of them being explosive tags. One needed to be careful when dealing with explosives, whether they be set by the opponent or by oneself. Of course, the demon wouldn't allow such a concern to pull him back from the attack. The demon was faster and stronger, he'd use that to his advantage against this child and hopefully end this quick.

SC:

Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Feb 2013, 11:07 pm

I AM VENGEANCE

Just his luck. The demon inside Kaze just has to find out where Izanagi is, or at least where his body is. Even though Izanagi knew he would search for him sooner or later, he still wanted for him to just go away for the time being. But alas, that's not the case. At first, he looked around to see where Izanagi's body could have landed. The obvious answer was the first pillars at each side of the room. They were the only two possible choices. His body wasn't at clear view and he obviously never saw him running away through the door with Kanji. Now the question was, which one will he pick. Izanagi hoped that he will chose the wrong one. If he had any luck, Kaze would turn his back. But he didn't. He chose the one where Izanagi was hiding. As if lady luck herself was against him.

He started walking slowly towards the pillar, just casually strolling and Izanagi's heart started to beat faster and faster. He knew that in a couple of seconds, everything will be over. He will be either killed or he will manage to somehow save Kaze from the demon inside him. Izanagi wondered if Kaze could see what his body is doing. Did he see the moment when he slit Azoth's throat, did he see his fight against Kanji, is he struggling inside his body to take control. He hoped he didn't see anything because that would be too much for him to withstand mentally. Even though all the ninjas are trained to kill, killing your own team-mates is a completely different matter. You worked with them, you talked with them, you knew them, and now, he erased them from this world. If he saw what he did to Azoth, he will definitely be scarred for life.

Kaze suddenly upped his walking tempo, as if he was impatient to kill Izanagi. And in a quick dash he was next to Izanagi. Without his Sharingan Izanagi would not be able to see him coming, but thankfully he does, and he saw him clearly. Sadly his body isn't as fast as his eyes are so avoiding the punch that was coming towards him was impossible to avoid. But he can use it to stick the explosive notes to his body. The punch hit it's target, and it hurt as if he was hit by a train. Few ribs were broken too. But he clenched his teeth through the pain and used the punch's power to quickly spin at the opposite way and he tried to slap the explosive tags anywhere on his middle part of the body. Be it the hips, chest, as long as it's in that area, it's good.

Now it was time to activate them and he wouldn't mind loosing few fingers because of the explosion, but Kaze followed up with another punch aimed at Izanagi's chest. Izanagi wasn't surprised at that move at all. He knew that Kaze wouldn't stop with just one punch, he would continue to beat him up until he is dead. The second punch landed too, breaking few bones again and sending Izanagi flying backwards. However there was no time to lose. As soon as Kaze punched Izanagi, he made a hand seal and said "Activate" and the the explosion happened. No matter how strong you are, an explosion like that is going to take anybody out. While it isn't strong enough to kill, it's strong enough to severely damage you, basically knocking you out.

He than fell on the ground, almost on the other side of the room. There was still smoke covering Kaze. Did the plan work? He wasn't sure. Either way this fight is almost done. Izanagi barely had any strength to stand up. The broken bones were giving him a hard time to even breath. He just stood there and waited for either his victory or demise. Even though he won't let Kaze kill him off that easily, there wasn't much that Izanagi could do, besides using genjutsu. Izanagi straighted his body, making it look as if he didn't receive any damage at all, because if Kaze did somehow manage to completely avoid the blast, he didn't want to look weak.
I AM THE NIGHT

Chakra left: 34/50

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 12:18 am

One, two! The two hits connected solidly with the child's body. The feeling of bones fracturing beneath his opponent's skin and muscle was something the Serpent King reveled in. This reminded him of battles of old. It felt so good to be fighting again after so many centuries being imprisoned in this temple. Of course the Serpent King's eyes never left his opponent's movements and as he charged forward in this brutal offense. The boy was unable to dodge, but that didn't mean he was going to take the beating lying down. No, he had a plan, and it was a plan the Serpent King had anticipated the moment his eyes had fell upon the pieces of paper clutched in the child's hands. As predicted the child attempted to apply the tags on Kaze's body, a last ditch effort to try and disable the demon. However, the demon was powerful and even with such a small body as Kaze's his influence still provided the small boy's body enough speed and power to make this fight nothing more than child's play. As his first attack connected the Serpent King's low light vision tracked the boy's spin, his eyes searching the boy's body and quickly spotting the incoming tags. Using his superior speed and reflexes, the Serpent King bade Kaze's body to hold for a split second, allowing the boy's spin to continue through, only to step forward and follow up his first strike with the second to the chest that would force the boy to go flying.

What happened to the tags at this point was hard to say at the moment. Assuming that the boy had every intention of slapping them on Kaze's body, they'd most likely fall to the ground the moment that the second strike was delivered to the Uchiha's chest, sending him flying off his feet and to the ground. Such a development of course wouldn't have stopped the explosion as the genin went about activating the tags that would have most likely managed to land next to Kaze's body. If this had been the case, the explosion would have tore through the temple, echoing throughout the chamber while creating a brief cloud of smoke all while the Uchiha continued to sail through the air, only to land on the other side of the room with a thud. Despite the force of the blast, the Serpent King's influence seemed to allow Kaze to shake off the minor damage that was brought about by the explosion--I heavily bruised and sore left arm with some first degree burns and a major headache, and rather than wait for the boy to right himself, Kaze's body moved forward in a blur drawing closer to the boy only to suddenly throw a rather dirty kick toward the downed child's form with enough force to send him flying once more. It was almost as if the boy were nothing more than a soccer ball to the possessed genin at this point. Kaze wasn't about to let the injured child regain his composure when the advantage was so far in his favor. Of course throughout all of this the Serpent King's mind remained active and aware. He knew next to nothing about this child's capabilities and no matter how much he probed Kaze's mind, he was unable to gleam any information about the Uchiha's fighting style and this made the Serpent King nervous. He didn't like fighting someone who's capabilities were unknown but despite being on edge, he would not let up. He had the advantage and he'd press the offensive against his opponent until this child was crushed.

With that thought in mind, assuming the first kick connected, the demon would launch himself forward again, using his immense speed to his advantage. No doubt the kick, if it had connected, would do major damage as he had made sure to aim it near the juncture between the boy's thoracic and abdominal cavity. This would serve to not only injure some of the softer and more delicate organs, but also aggravate the already broken bones and even break even more ribs if the kick had connected. Most likely this would also make the act of breathing to be an almost unbearable chore if even a portion of the kick had managed to connect with the area and break more ribs or disrupt the diaphragm. The demon would continue to move toward the child, this time moving his hand behind his back quickly in order to retrieve a kunai, aiming to finish this fight by plunging the knife into the child's chest, along the Uchiha's left side, aiming to puncture the heart or the left lung.

"Time to finish this.

The voice reverberated in the child's head, speaking the boy within him who could do nothing but watch the horror his own body was committing. The child struggled, trying to gain some semblence of control over his own form but ultimately was left helpless and unable to intervien. He was a prisoner in his own body, forced to watch as he himself slaughtered those who were supposed to be his friends and family and comrades.

"I'm sorry..."

The child echoed pathetically in his own mind, shedding tears that somehow managed to make their way to the outside. As the demon made its way toward the Uchiha a small stream of tears began to flow from the demonic red hues, a testament to how helpless Kaze truly felt.

SC:

Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 1:53 am

I AM VENGEANCE

The tags didn't work. The tags didn't do almost any damage at all. A bruise here and there, but otherwise, he was almost at perfect condition. Izanagi didn't even fall to the ground and Kaze was already rushing towards him, attacking restlessly. What kind of power does this demon grant him? How can anybody withstand such an explosion at point blank and get out of it virtually unharmed. What did Izanagi get into, what did he think when he was signing in for the mission. Just the description of the mission should have told him to stay far away from it. But for some reason, probably his pride, he signed in anyway. And now he is paying the price for his foolishness.

But he cannot give up now, not like this. The second he fell on the ground he was faced with an imminent kick from Kaze to his already broken body. Using the momentum from the fall, Izanagi rolled away from the kick avoiding it completely. He knew Kaze wouldn't just stop at that, he would rush again until Izanagi can move no more. He had to act quickly. Before Kaze could make his next move Izanagi immediately made few hand seals and used one of his signature genutsu moves, Illusive Reality. Five clones popped out, and each one of them capable of capturing Kaze in the genjutsu.

The five clones should distract him long enough for him to come up with another strategy. If not, at least take a small break while the genjutsu does it's thing. But then again, the genjutsu wasn't strong enough to last for too long. Even though it does affect sight and touch, it was only to a small degree, and they won't make any sound at all. It's good strategy to catch him off guard and sneak in a surprise attack, but other than that, it won't do much. And so he decided to do something more.

So, before Kaze had time to react to the clones, Izanagi decided to throw a smoke bomb in front of him, covering both Izanagi and two of his five bunshins. The initial thought was to hide his presence, again behind one of the pillars, but knowing Kaze and his fighting style from this short battle, Izanagi was sure that he would just rush head first into the smoke without a second thought. What to do then? He is clearly too weak to confront him up close, and he is to slow to run away. Even though he is pushing himself too hard, he had to do even more if he wanted to get out of here alive.

The second the smoke came out, Izanagi made another pair of hand seals and used Mist Waltz Technique. It was the same strategy again. Catching Kaze into an explosion of some sorts and try to incapacitate him. Even though it didn't work the first time, he cannot constantly withstand explosions. Sooner or later he will fall down. But the jutsu alone wasn't enough to create the explosion. He needed a spark, or a fire jutsu to use Mist Waltz Technique to it's fullest. But before he would use the Fireball jutsu, Izanagi threw the Exploding Pouch towards Kaze, as an icing on the cake.

All this was happening in incredible speed. One part of it was because of the Sharingan's ability to slow down time in Izanagi's eyes and one part of it was because of the adrenaline rushing through Izanagi's body. Never has he done so many things in succession with such perfection. The second he threw the Explosive Pouch towards Kaze, Izanagi did yet again, a couple of hand seals and used another ninjutsu called the Great Fireball Technique. It was a signature technique for the Uchiha clan. Even though just about anybody with the Katon affinity can use this jutsu, somehow for an Uchiha learning this jutsu, it meant they reached their adulthood.

Funny how the jutsu that was a passage of becoming a full fledged adult, one of the first jutsus the Uchiha learn, was now his last. Izanagi was almost drained from his chakra. He was done. If this wouldn't work, the only thing he could do is keep the genjutsu for few seconds before completely using up all of his chakra. After that, he will be at Kaze's mercy. This was it. He fought bravely, and even though he never managed to accomplish his goals, he still didn't feel any regret.

I AM THE NIGHT

Chakra left: 10/50

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 2:31 am

Miss. The kick had missed as the boy had rolled in the direction of his backwards momentum at the last possible second, keeping himself in the fight. The Serpent King had to hand it to the boy, he was fighting tooth and nail to keep himself from being pummeled but it mattered little as the demon continued to carry himself forward at a tremendous speed, his eyes on the boy, following his movements, even as the hand seals were made. Suddenly Kaze was surrounded by multiple copies of the Uchiha, but that didn't stop his forward charge. Though he was surrounded and he could see them in his periphery, the fact was that his opponent was still directly in front of him, within arms length and growing closer by the second. Suddenly the boy dug into his pocket, retrieving something from his pocket and spiking it on the ground creating a cloud of smoke that served to cut off Kaze's vision for anything further than his own hand, but it mattered little to the demon as he continued to charge forward. The boy didn't seem to move and quickly his figure came into view, thus rendering the smokescreen useless. The boy was trying to do too much at once and even with the cover of the smoke, they were far too close to have it aid the boy in any real way. Kaze's blood red eyes locked on the boy as he noticed the child beginning to perform more seals, preparing to fire off some kind of jutsu. Once again, the boy was trying to do too much at once. He didn't have the time! Kaze was right in front of his face! The demon wasn't about to slow down and allow the child to do what he wanted. Before the Uchiha could even finish forming the seals necessary to fill the air with the combustible gas, Kaze's fist was flying straight for the boy's gut in an uppercutting motion, carrying behind it enough strength to lift the child clear off the ground if it hit. Of course Kaze was ready for the boy to try and avoid it. If such an event occurred the failed attack would have quickly been followed by a solid kick toward the boy's abdominal area that would no doubt send him flying backwards and most likely into the wall that wasn't too far behind him. The smoke did little to interfere with Kaze's ability to fight at close range due to how close the two had already been when the bomb had detonated. Needless to say there simply would not be enough time for the boy to carry through with his plan due to him neglecting to actually move to the side or even backwards after he had used his smoke bomb.

If his attack had connected, sending the boy upward, Kaze would take the time that the boy was airborn to begin preparing his own attack, quickly forming a string of seals before suddenly expelling a large focused jet of water in the Uchiha's direction, aiming to strike him in midair and knock him through the air and into the wall they were so close to. Such a strike, while nothing lethal on its own would be augmented by the serpent's natural affinity for the water element and would most likely serve to cause the Uchiha increased pain as it would most likely aggravate his injuries he received prior in the fight, possibly even robbing the boy of his air for a short period of time as the combination of pain and the sudden strikes could cause his thoracic respiratory accessory muscles to temporarily seize in response to the sudden impacts. Of course the demon wasn't about to let things end there, still holding a kunai firmly in his right hand the demon would rush in the direction that Uchiha went, aiming to slam the kunai into the left side of the boy's chest, attacking one of the most vital parts on his body all in order to end the fight as quick as possible. The longer this fight dragged on, the more determined the Serpent King became to end this child's life in order to obtain his freedom and his prize.

SC:

Jutsu:

CP: 101/110
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 3:25 am

I AM VENGEANCE

Completely overpowered. And even that would be an understatement. Kaze was just too fast and too powerful for Izanagi. No matter what he tried, no matter how hard he tried, he just wasn't able to do anything. It was a lost cause. Hit after hit, it all landed exactly where it should, or where it should't if you would ask Izanagi. The bones were cracking all over his body, one of them even punctured his lungs, which is fatal on it's own, even without the constant wailing from Kaze.

And to end it all off, Kaze smashed Izanagi with a water jutsu. Right now Izanagi was just lying on the floor, completely out of chakra and and strength to even move a finger. Because of his punctured lungs he was breathing very heavily, making a noise as if he was gargling water, though instead of water, it was all blood. He had internal bleeding and now only a medic could save him. Sadly the only medic was Kaze himself. Izanagi laughed at such irony.

Kaze was not standing above him with a kunai in his hand. "Do your worst freak!" He coughed up blood. He just laid there and awaited for his death and before Kaze could deliver his final blow Izanagi said "I'll be watching you." With his Sharingan still activated, he looked directly into his eyes and awaits for his end.
I AM THE NIGHT

Chakra left: 8/50

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 3:38 am

It was over, or just about. The fight seemed as though it had concluded with his opponent lying battered and broken on the floor. His breathing was labored and each gasp of air seemed to strain against the blood that seemed to be filling his lungs. The figure that was Kaze stood above the boy, looking down with emotionless red eyes. There was no smile nor sorrow, just a blank stare as he regarded his opponent with a certain amount of respect for trying to fight. It really was a losing battle but his opponent had refused to back down and for that, even the Serpent King could find it in his dark heart to find some respect for this boy. The possessed child quickly yanked the kunai from the boy's chest, allowing the blood from his body to spill from the wound as air rushed in. It would be painful, but the aim was not to cause suffering. Almost instantly the Serpent King reached down, his hand wrapping around the front of the boy's neck, the unnatural strength of the possessed child being enough to constrict and close the Uchiha's windpipe. Dropping the kunai from the other hand he quickly and forcefully moved it up and under the boy's chin and with a quick and merciful motion Kaze pulled both up and down with each hand. A sickening crack and snapping sound could be heard as the Uchiha's neck was broken. The sudden force would most likely cause a large discharge of the vagus nerve, almost instantly killing the boy as his heart would stop and his brain would be thrown into a state of utter confusion. It was almost the same concept of being hung and having one's head severed from the spine. With that Kaze removed his hands from the Uchiha's fresh corpse, staring down at the lifeless eyes staring back at him.

"Go ahead and watch. I shall fulfill my destiny. I am the king of this world."

The boy spoke with an unnatural tone, a voice so full of darkness that it would send a shiver down many's spines. With that the possessed child would pick up the body and make his way toward the end of the room where the other genin's corpse had been left.

"It's time to claim what's mine."

He'd speak lightly to himself as he turned toward the end of the large chamber, heading in the direction of where he knew the shield to be. It would only be a matter of time before The Serpent King possessed the shield, a memento of his cruel father. Oh how the Serpent King wished he could have seen the look on his father's face one he obtained the forgotten weapon...
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 EmptyFri 08 Feb 2013, 11:46 pm

An utter failure would be best to describe this mission. Death had made itself known throughout the entire operation, even from the very start, and yet this ragtag team of ninja insisted on pushing forward to reach the end goal. What a mistake it was. Three lives is what this mission had cost the village of Kumogakure no Sato, two of them being children. All for one thing, based on one rumour; the shield. The greediness of man seemed to find no end, it disgusted Suijin, for he hoped that his gift to the world would bring about peace and harmony, but only chaos and destruction was found on this very day. Suijin had not only failed himself, but even the innocent life a young boy who stood before his pedestal, attempting to reward himself with the very tool that man sought out, however his being there was only under the influence of his mistake of a creation. Hebinoō. Oh how Suijin grew more and more hatred for this being, but at last, the God of Water had a chance to end the path of pain that his despised child slithered across. Though his intention to end the life of Hebinoō was through mortals slaying the beast, it seemed he would have to change plans in order for this whole fiasco to be brought to an end.

With the possessed child stood atop the large white marble pedestal, with the two child corpses remained at the bottom of the steps behind him, the final sequence would begin. A sudden tremor shuck the temple, only to be followed up by a trembling earthquake rocking the entire temple floor. Despite the child jolting about back and forth in order to gain a balance, the temple itself seemed to remain solid, as if it was unaffected by the powerful spasms that shook the earth. As sudden as it came, it all came to a quick halt. The earth was still once more. A magnificently bright light from the temple ceiling lit up the entire temple hall, even being able to blind the child who had only now regained his balance. With the light, came down the Shield of Suijin in all of its mighty brilliance, it appeared to gently floating downwards towards where the possessed one stood, like an invisible hand of Suijin was actually handing the shield to the child.

In all of his eager anticipation, Hebinoō latched onto the Shield of Suijin as soon as it hovered before him. What a fool this Serpent was. For as soon as the mortal hands of the child touched the Shield, a hidden seal on the turtle shell activated and instantly fastened itself onto the boys hands and rapidly spread itself across his entire body. Strange, unseen black markings stretched across the child's face, arms, chest, everywhere. The confused face of the child made it clear to Suijin that Hebinoō had not the faintest idea of what was happening. The God of Water was finally ridding the world of this hideous creature he once called a son, he was going to trap the Serpent King, as he so fashioned himself, within the innocent body of this child and force him into submission. This submission would only happen over time however. Spontaneous screams of pain and anger blended into one another, as all the markings glowed a royal blue at once. The seal was beginning to take effect.

The boy dropped the shield and fell to his knees, while his hands clutched onto his head, as his entire body felt as though it was being being set alight, the pain was necessary though in order for the seal to take effect and in order for Hebinoō to be trapped within his cage for good. The screams of the child bellowed throughout the entire temple, surely silencing anything that would have once wandered these pure halls. Only seconds later though and the screaming was brought to end. The markings that were once glowed blue across his body now seemed to fade into his skin, making themselves unseen, apart from a single portion that would remain permanently visible on his chest. The child's eyes now reverted back to their original colour, his voice would no longer hold the deep, dark tone of Hebinoō's and he could at last regain control over his own mind.

Tens of minutes passed before the unpossessed boy was able to find the strength to lift himself up from the ground, tears streaming down his face at the realisation of all that had happened. The boy would not know that the beast still lurked within his mind, though once Hebinoō has regained his strength, the child will definitely find out about the serpents presence. For now though, this was not an issue, at least not for Suijin. The heavenly light that once lit the temple was no longer active, instead, the temple doors were wide open, offering in new light from the now clear skies. It was as though nature confirmed that this nightmare was finally being brought to a close. The now weak child collected the Shield of Suijin, an item that would remind him of this very day for the rest of his life. With no energy to bring back his fallen comrades, he began a stumbling trek back to the temple doors, where he was able to discover a stretch of land had risen from the ocean floor, along with the temple, creating a clear pathway for the child to safely cross back to civilisation. Once back to the local fishery village nearby, the boy immediately sent a messenger bird to Kumogakure, alerting the Raikage of the urgent requirement of ninja to bring back the fallen, he hoped the message wouldn't take too long to send. For now though, he could tell himself that he had finally reached the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-